Tuesday 4 May 2010

This really takes the biscuit

I was gobsmacked by a recent TV ad for Belvita biscuits. According to Lisa Snowden and Johnny Vaughan, it's a "new way to eat breakfast" I'm surprised they didn't call it a "new breakfast system". It's a friggin' biscuit!
This after Vanish Extra Hygiene which advertisers tell us we must put in our wash or our sheets will be crawling with bacteria. Oh really?
It puts me in mind of a TV ad for some night-time drink back in the 1950s, which was claimed to combat "night starvation", whatever that was. It's amazing what ad types will come up with to sells us stuff we don't need. And don't start me on all that science guff in cosmetics ads...
In a related topic, I see that the Hairy Bikers now have their own range of crisps. Now I quite like Si and Dave (and I can't say that about many TV chefs), but I was just a tad wary on opening a packet of Prosciuto and Blue Cheese flavour (which still tasted a bit like smoky bacon) that I might find, well, a hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment